Saturday, February 11, 2012

Ok, Let's Go!

A friend sent me a message the other day. It seems that I had appeared in one of her dreams. 

That’s not the first time I’ve heard that. Just kidding.

I asked about the dream. She said, “You appeared, took off a knit cap, rubbed your recently shaved head, and said, ‘Ok, let’s go’”. 

That’s kind of random, huh? 

Then again, maybe it’s not so random after all. The month of December was kind of tough. We didn’t hear anything from the mission. We didn’t hear anything from the field. We didn’t feel like we were going anywhere. It was a lot of no fun.

A few weeks ago, we got in contact with our Pre-Field Coach. He put before us a possible opportunity in a different part of Thailand, working with a somewhat different focus. And he put us in touch with the Team Leader. We met with the team from our church that is heading to Thailand in July. We got some definite time frames from them as well as some tasks. Last week we had a great Skype conversation with the team in Thailand. We left the chat feeling very comfortable with each other, and feeling that we were ready to begin moving in that direction.

I’m not sure I understand the knit cap or the freshly shaved head (but if I did shave my head I would probably need the knit cap). Maybe it’s some reference to living and working among Buddhists… I don’t know. But I do understand the last part. We say it to each other every day. 

Ok, let’s go!

No comments:

Post a Comment